Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We WIll


We did it!!  My president is a black man that lives down the street from me.  Who's wife had coffee in the cafe attached to my job.  His children have taken art classes there.  He sat in the same classrooms in law school 18 years ago that my best friend sat in 1 year ago.  He is urban, accessible, a scholar, reflective, and steady.  He believes that Ms. J and I should have the same access to all legal rights that married couples are afforded. I will pray for his health and safety throughout his presidency.


We were so taken aback and amazed that the eagerly awaited engagement pictures sat on the computer paused at the slide show.  But as McCain conceded, we sat cuddled up on the couch, basking in pride and our amazing pictures, hoping that this signals a paradigm shift for the country
"It feels like a shift in conscience." Oprah Winfrey

P.S. And it's a sunny 65 degrees in Chicago on November 5. God is working.


0 comments: