Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proposition 8 and Amendments 2,nth 102


How do you put peoples rights up for a vote?  How do you install within a constitution the denial of rights for anyone?  Will it be you next?  Will there ever be a vote on how you excercise your chosen religious views?  Will there be an amendment banning churches who fuel hate against me from recieveing my gay tax money?  Will there be a constitutional amendment that bars infertile couples from getting married, because we know that marriage is only for procreation?  I am flabbergasted at the unmitigated moral superiority that the proponents  of these measures have over the lives of others.  How many of their husbands and wives are cheating, abusing, distant, divorced, and unloving?  How many of their marriages are perfect pictures of domesticity?  Why does my relationship affect theirs?  I'm so sad right now.

4 comments:

Reesha November 5, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Girl that really makes me feel awful...

can I see more pics???

Rebecca November 6, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Such a complicated time--joyful and difficult at the same time. I really hope people keep speaking up for their rights.

Stacy November 6, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

I was crushed to hear that Prop 8 passed. CRUSHED.

Isis November 6, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Sad indeed. It's terrible that people feel they have the right to dictate how others live their lives.