Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh Florida

Florida is a lover I can't let go. She woos me with her incessant summer, harvest moons, and monsoon season. First taking me at the tender age of 17, so pliable to her hospitality. It was here that I became a woman. In this place heartbreak, vengance, confusion, and dispair along with expectation, excitement, hope, and love came knocking on my door. She cradled me those nights I cried myself to sleep, fucked the pain away, and painted the first morning sun. I'm hoping my return is as profound as my introduction.

1 comments:

Anonymous July 28, 2009 at 5:35 AM  

This time next week I'll be in Orlando at the JW Marriott for my fake-ish honeymoon. I also lived in Miami for almost two years. I can't say that I like Florida as much as you do, but maybe that's because I was there during the 2005 hurricane season ;}